We are imperfect which is an admission of freedom and life because it gives appropriate room for the One who is perfect. He works in and through us to save us from eternal separation from the living God by sacrificing His life on a cruel cross for our sin, rebellion and pride. Christ conquers the enemy's feeble plan to keep Him in the grave by winning over death and by leaving us the person of Holy Spirit. Jesus is more than "with us" because He is IN US and he has taken his rightful place at the right hand of the Father. He carries the title and role of King of the world. One day over the horizon, our savior will return and reign in complete fullness bringing heaven on earth and enjoying life the way it was supposed to before sin entered the world. He will forever destroy demonic influence, sin, and pride for good... by giving eternal life now and to come! We are a people preparing the way of the King and His governmental Kingdom. We are simply on a journey of Real People Serving a Real God through Love and Mission.
Unity isn't uniformity. Unity recognizes there is a 'shared theology' that we hold together as a covenant community.
It was A.W. Tozer that said 'what you believe about God is the most important thing about you.' We are inclined to agree! Our doctrine, both our essential beliefs as followers of Jesus and our distinctive that identify us as charismatic and Pentecostal, affects how we relate to God, influences our passion for Jesus, and deepens our dedication to His teachings and His Gospel.
- We believe in the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the humanity and deity of Jesus Christ and His virgin birth
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired, revealed and inerrant Word of God. We joyfully submit to this as the only infallible authority in all matters of life and faith.
What We Teach
- We teach that human nature is sinful and in need of a Savior
- We teach that saving faith in Jesus Christ is necessary to attain eternal life, and that there is no other path to salvation.
- We teach that this salvation is a free gift of grace which cannot be earned.
- We teach that the leadership gifts of Eph. 4:11-13 are intended for both men and women.
- We teach that legalism is to be avoided and that love and true justice are to prevail.
- We teach that Communion is a regular celebration of what Jesus did on the cross which is to be continued until Jesus returns. As well, we teach that Communion is a time between you and God to examine if there is any sin hindering a promised life of freedom and victory. Partaking in Communion in an unworthy manner entails a calloused disregard for others in the body of Christ and a flippant disregard for what the elements represent. (Luke 22:19-20; I Cor. 11:23- 32)
- We teach that God desires to give us healing and wholeness in our lives; in our body, mind, heart, soul, our relationships, our finances and our neighborhoods.
- We teach that the Kingdom of God is here in part and will come fully when Christ returns for His bride, the church.